Boy's Barn

The Boy's Barn refers to horse barn north of Norris Lodge that was renovated in the 1950s into an indoor activity center for Ot Yo Kwa. Camp did not build it for horses, it was built prior to camp ever acquiring the land. The Boy's Barn was used for at least the 1951 summer to keep horses. It was renovated again into Bill's Barn.

The upstairs was used for storage including many of the mattresses during the winter months. The outside of the chimney was used for rock climbing. For many years the DO was located on the lower floor. Directors carved and wrote their names on the walls and it served as an impromptu history of camp before it was torn down in the construction of Bill's Barn after the roof collapsed in the winter of 1998-1999.

Trivia

Print/export